Crispy Garlic Chicken
- 1 chicken
- 5 garlic bulbs
- 5-10 shallots
- 1 bay leave
- Malt Syrup
- Prepare garlic bulbs, shallots, bay leave and salt. Mix together and use it to marinate whole chicken. Spread evenly both inside and outside.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Rinse marinated chicken with hot water. This will cause chicken skin to shrink and become crispy after cooking.
- Hang up chicken to air dry thoroughly.
- Dilute malt syrup with water and brush generously on the surface of the whole chicken.
- Air dry over night or for at least 8 hours.
- When chicken is dried and ready. Heat large pan or wok with generous amount of oil.
- Place chicken in pan and turn to low heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is well done.
- Keep pouring hot oil over chicken while cooking.