Ginger and Sweet Potato PuddingYou might not have realized before, but sweet potatoes contain wondrous nutritional values. They can raise our blood levels of vitamin A as well as other nutrients such as, vitamin C, B6, B1, B2, B3, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, biotin, potassium, etc.
Together with nausea calming substance in ginger, this is a great recipe for women whether expecting or not.
- 300g sweet potatoes
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Steam sweet potatoes with skin on till inside is soft. (steaming preserved most nutrients)
- Skin and mash sweet potatoes when cooked.
- Place mash sweet potatoes in a pot on low heat.
- Add fresh milk to pot and mix well while keeping on low heat.
- Turn off heat. Add all ingredients for ginger syrup to pot. Mix well.
- Preheat oven at 180C. Grease cupcake molds or other small baking containers with butter.
- Scoop mixture into each cup till full, then brush egg yolk on surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.