Warrior Pose III
- Improves balance and posture
- Tones abdomen.
- Strengthens ankles and legs.
- Strengthens shoulders and back muscles.
- Begin with Mountain Pose, feet spreading hip-distance and arms on your sides.
- Step right foot forward about a foot away from left foot. Shift weight onto right foot.
- Inhale and raise your arms above your head, hands clasp together, pointing index fingers to the ceiling.
- On exhalation, lift left leg up and move your torso forward. Elongate spine and keep your back straight.
- Your torso and left leg should be parallel to the mat.
- Gaze on the mat and find a balance point.
- You may keep your arms forward in front of your head or place your hands on your hips.
- Hold this position for 2-6 breaths or as long as you feel comfortable with.
- Inhale, lower your left foot and return to Mountain Pose.
- Exhale and repeat on the other side.