Warrior Pose II
- Improves balance.
- Strengthen abdomen.
- Stretches thighs and ankles.
- Relieves cramps.
- Relieves backaches during pregnancy
- Expands chest and lungs.
- Opens up pelvis, prepare for labor
- Begin with Mountain Pose, feet spreading hip-distance and arms on your sides.
- Inhale, left foot step back 2-3 feet behind your right foot. Bear body weight on both feet.
- On exhalation,elongate your spine, rest both hands on hips.
- Toes on left foot point 45 degree away from your body.
- Inhale, raise your arms so they are parallel to the mat over your thighs. Exhale, palms facing mat.
- Inhale, bend your right knee slightly and bring right thigh parallel to the mat. Exhale.
- Continue stretching arms away from shoulders, arms remain parallel to the mat.
- Avoid leaning your body forward, stand upright and continue to elongate your spine.
- Breath steadily for 30 seconds. Bring your arms down.
- Bring left foot forward to return to Mountain pose.
- Step right foot back for the other side to complete the sequence.