Extended Triangle Pose
- Opens up your chest and shoulders.
- Massage your digestive organs.
- Increases blood flow in lower abdomen to boost fertility.
- Stretches groin and hip, get ready for labor.
- Releases back pain during pregnancy.
- Strengthens your hamstrings and calves, prevent cramps.
- Stand on the top of the mat. Begin with Mountain Pose, feet spreading hip-distance and arms on your sides.
- Spread feet to 4-5 feet apart. Align heels. Right foot points to the top of the mat.
- Raise both arms to align with your shoulders parallel to the floor. Fingertips pointing outwards, palms facing down. Inhale.
- On exhalation, reach your right foot with your right hand. Fold your right hip to do so.
- You may reach for your calve or thigh if you are not very flexible.
- Turn your head to look at the ceiling. Hold for a minute. Keep breathing steady.
- On inhalation, push your calve with your palm and use your torso muscle to bring yourself up.
- Lower your arms and switch to do the other side.