Asparagus with Egg White Sauce
- 200g asparagus
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- small amount of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- paprika (garnishing)
- Blanch asparagus till tender, add lemon juice while blanching. (set aside)
- Whisk egg whites with fresh milk with a pinch of salt.
- Heat pan with oil on low heat.
- Pour egg white mixture in pan and keep stirring till half cooked.
- Turn off heat. Add cheddar cheese and give it a minute or two to melt.
- Pour egg white sauce over the blanched asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with paprika if desired.