Mushroom stuffed Tomatoes
- 4-6 large tomatoes
- a pound of mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 50g butter (melted)
- 30g fresh cream
- parmesan cheese (to be grated on top)
- fresh parsley (for garnishing)
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Cut off the top of tomatoes horizontally.
- Scoop out the inside of each tomato.
- Heat pan with butter, stir-fry the scooped out tomatoes meat and add garlic. Then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushroom and cook for 10-15 minutes or til mushroom turns dark brown.
- Add cream and cook on medium heat till contents starts to dry.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Turn off heat. Add breadcrumbs and stir well.
- Fill each tomato with mushroom stuffing.
- Grate parmesan cheese on top of the stuffing.
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes or til the tops are browned.