Reduce strains in buttocks with a massage
Get your partner to massage gently into the bone at the base of your spine, it can reduce straining on the buttocks during pregnancy.
- Lie side way on a mat. Place a pillow or cushion on your head and between your legs. Place one under your armpit if it makes you feel more comfortable.
- Alternatively, sit on a chair leaning on the back of the chair. Choose a resting position most comfortable for yourself.
- Partner use fist to gently apply pressure at the base of your spine.
- You should tilt your pelvis slightly during the massage.
- Massage ONLY on both sides of the spine. Stay AWAY of the spine itself to prevent unwanted injury.
- Don't massage as far as the tailbone area.
- You should not feel any pain or discomfort at any time. Massaging is about relaxing and getting comfortable. Stop immediately if you feel otherwise.