Palm Tree Pose
- stretches and strengthens your torso
- stretches your back
- relaxes your shoulders
- stretches your upper and lower back
- Stand straight with feet together.
- Inhale, on exhalation, raise both arms together from your sides.
- Keep arms straight on the sides of your head and clasp hands together.
- Keep both feet on the floor.
- Stretch slowly and gently to the right. Breath steadily.
- Then, stretch slowly and gently to the right as if you are swaying like a palm tree by the beach.
- Sway back to the center and stand straight.
- You may bring a foot up to the side of your knee and turn this pose into the Tree Pose.
- Stay in pose for 10 seconds. Lower your foot and relax.
- Bring the other foot up to the side of your knee and repeat steps 7-8.
- Lower your foot and relax your arms.