The Bridge Pose
This pose is beneficial both during preconception and while you are pregnant.
- opens up chest
- stretches neck, spine and back
- opens up pelvic
- regulates menstruation
- balances hormones
- stimulates the lungs, thyroid glands, and abdominal organs
- reduces backache and headache
- Lie flat on your back on a mat or a thick blanket.
- Keep your feet together and soles touching your buttocks with knees bent.
- Raise your chin and elongate your spine.
- Tug your tailbone in and lift your hips as high as you can manage.
- Keep your knees over the ankles, perpendicular to the floor.
- Regulate your breathing and hold this pose for 30 seconds.
- Inhale. On exhalation, slowly lower your hips by rolling your spine onto the floor.