- stretches inner thighs, groins and knees
- massages internal organs
- helps ease constipation
- improves blood circulation
- opens up pelvic, prepare for childbirth
- Sit on a mat with a soft blanket on top.
- Bend your knees and bring the sole of your feet together, touching each other.
- Inhale. On exhalation. Elongate your spine and keep your back straight.
- Breath steadily. Bring your heels as close to your pelvis as possible.
- Push the outer edges of your feet firmly into the floor and wrap your hands around your feet or ankles.
- Gently push your outer thighs as close to the floor as possible.
- You may stay in this possible or start to reach with your arms to the front by reclining your torso forward.
- Hold this position for a minute and gradually increase holding time as you feel more comfortable staying longer in this pose, up to 10 minutes at a time.
- To exit this pose, draw your knees towards one another and extend your legs.