Outer Thigh Stretches
- strengthens thigh muscles to avoid cramps
- reduces pain and stresses in hip joints during pregnancy
- regular stretches reduces pain in the knees and hips by increasing blood flow and oxygen to legs
- Lie on your left side. Line up your shoulders, hips and knees in a straight line.
- Support your head with your left arm.
- Place your right arm in front of your chest to steady yourself.
- Inhale, on exhalation, slowly and gently lifting your right leg as high as you can.
- Your right foot should be flexed at all time. Keep breathing steadily.
- Inhale and slowly lower your right leg and rest on your other leg.
- Repeat steps 4-6 ten times. Relax and change to the other side for left leg.
- You may do this exercise with leg straight or bent at the knee.