White bean and Broccoli Soup
- 6 large garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 800g broccoli (chopped)
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth (see Main dish for recipe)
- 400g white beans
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- fresh parsley (chopped for garnishing)
- salt and pepper (seasoning)
- Heat large pot with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute chopped garlic and onion till soft.
- Add chopped broccoli (safe a few for garnishing), cook till soft.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, 200g white beans, all the tomato, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour everything in blender, add remaining white beans and chicken broth.
- Blend till smooth.
- Return soup to large pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, broccoli and serve.